Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am a horrible mom!

So today I did something I swore I would never do. I had done it once before when Andrew was much younger and didn't understand things and had his finger in an outlet. But it broke myheart then and it broke my heart today to actually smack is little tush.
He was just being HORRIBLE!!! This is one of the worst I had seen him. I don't know how to deal with punishments or anything when they just laugh at you. I threatened him with a time out "Andrew do you want to go into time out?" which I have to say 90% of the time he stops right there but this time he answered "yes" Now what do I do. Finallyout of desperation I smacked his little tush. Not hard, but enough. OMG I hated my self for doing it. I hated the wholse scene.
Then he broke my heart even more by saying "mommy hurt!" OMG!!!!
I don't ever want to do that to him again but at the same time there are just times where nothing works. Most of them time he is super super good but those rare occasions every bit of technique that I have been taught over the years.... nothing works. SO what do I do???
Argh I suck!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I recently did the same thing, even though I totally don't believe in spanking! I new knew 2 year old could be so challenging. Afterwards, I cried for about an HOUR because I felt soooo bad. Since then I have stopped myself a number of times from spanking her.
Don't feel too bad. I know a LOT of mothers who spank their kids all the time!