We just got the news today that a co-worker and friend of ours has just a few more weeks to live. She is losing the battle to cancer. She is this magnificent, optimistic, beautiful women with 3 children. I sat there today crying with Andrew saying to myself why do such terrible things happen to such great people. I mean I know people always say nice things about someone when they are in this position but this is legit she really is a wonderful women.
I have known her for just over 3 years. She was battling eeek, either ovarian or cervical cancer and now apparently it has just taken over her entire body and she unable to eat and is down to about 82 lbs. From what I understand she is no longer getting anymore chemo and is spending her days home with her children.
I see how this stupid bullshit on the boards with mom bashing moms and picking on the stupidist things. Making comments about baby gates on stairs. I am sitting here stressing about packing for our trip. When I have friend that is going through this. Makes all that other stuff nothing. So fucking petty. Sure someone made a nasty post to me but who the fuck cares... I don't. I just ignored it b/c who is this person nothing. Shit like this should be happening to a person like that, not our friend.
One of my other friends called me today b/c she wants to send a card... but what do you say. I am afraid to call b/c what do you say.... Everything I can think of is as if she is already gone and she isn't. I did send her an email, I know super impersonal but that is how I am most comfortable. I told her I would come visit which I so totally would.
Then I think of her kids, they are about 16, 12, and 9. Old enough to understand and know what is going on. I couldn't imagine what they are going through. Dad is apparently an asshole and lives in Florida from what I recall so you worry about the kids. We work at a Children's museum so we have done a few things for the kids already, we all chipped in to help save their Christmas b/c they weren't going to have one. It just breaks my heart!
I just want to cry!
9 Manfaat Terong Untuk Kesehatan Tubuh
9 years ago
.jpg)
4 comments:
In the famous words of Matt, "It fucking sucks."
That is why I try really hard not to be so damn GOOD. Because bad things DO happen to good people and life is really frickin unfair....
Sorry about your friend. Hopefully, she will find peace in the end somehow.....
Stories like this are important to talk about because it keeps the rest of us, hopefully, in a better state of mind and life. It sucks though. Utterly and completely.
Go ahead and call her. Just tell her what you feel -- there are no 'right' words for such a shitty and unfair situation.
I'm going to heed Trish's advice and go ahead and be bad. For my health.
Post a Comment