Monday, June 2, 2008

Long, crazy, stresfful day!

Oh man today was just crazy...
Woke up to Andrew being super cranky then realized he was limping and wouldn't put full weight on his left leg. Checked him out, no splinters, can't find anything he just cries and wants to be held...
Off to the ER.... X-rays.. omg torture. The poor kid screamed bloody murder! It took 3 people to hold him down, it was horrible. Good thing is that there was nothing on the x-ray. If he won't put weight on it tomorrow we have to go to a pediatric orthopedist.
So then we have the twins confirmation. Andrew slept in the car throughout the whole mass which was fine with me I sat and did some puzzles, lol.
Then went to this big hall thing for a big party, dj, lights, everything. Well this is where things just got worse.
First of all he wouldn't stay off of his foot and of course wouldn't eat. Then I would say he spent 95% of the time turning around and around in circles. At first it was kind of cute but then it got to me and KEvin. He just kept doing it. Even when other kids tried to get him to do other things. Or he would take someone elses hand bring them to the dance floor and just turn in circles again. We both immediately started thinking autism.
SO after a brief conversation with Steph she said, he is fine don't worry he was probably just overwhelmed. Kevin asked me to look up signs of autism and I did and he thinks he falls into several of these catagories and now has my mind spinning. I mean there have been moments where I have questioned it before but this was just so weird. I mean the other night he wouldn' ttell us he wanted a snack. He is not signing anymore even though we were up to almost a dozen signs. So now I am concerened..... I need to stop thinking about this b/c it is going to drive me crazy. I need to just not dwell and what happens happens.......

1 comments:

Momma Trish said...

Just get him evaluated, to get yourself some peace of mind. Don't put it off, because that would not be good for him, if, god forbid, he needed intervention. My sister went through it all, and the early intervention was a lifesaver. Her son is SOOOOO much better. And something about the early treatment just stops it in it's tracks. I hope it's nothing, but just to be on the safe side....