Thursday, January 15, 2009

hypocrit....

Thats what I am...

I come here regularly, complaining about my "friends" and how they are not good friends to me. Where in reality I am not the good friend. I am not being fair. Kevin said that to me last night that I was not a good friend... I didn't think about it that much. But he is right I am not. Explains why I have no friends and why I can't keep my friends. I always knew it had to be me. I mean how can so many people be crappy friends. I always was in denial that it could possible be me. It really is.

So people beware, I am not a good friend. I am selfish, I am full of betrayal, I hurt people, I claim im good but don't believe it! Even my husband agrees with me!

4 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Yikes. . . just make sure these are your conclusions and not your husband's. That's a pretty rough thing to say to someone, esp your wife! It seems like you try to get a lot of self-esteem from others' approval of you, instead of making yourself happy and being happy with who you are. Maybe that's part of it?

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Hey, I found this quote (looking for quotes to help a friend get confident for an interview tomorrow) and thought of you. It's from someone named Stacey Charter, who I don't know but I like what she has to say. Here it is: "Don't rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can't love and respect yourself - no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are - completely; the good and the bad - and make changes as YOU see fit - not because you think someone else wants you to be different.”

Hez said...

I think, just possibly, your husband is jelous of your feelings/friendship with these other men. Even if he says he is okay with it.
I think you need to work on liking and loving your self more and less on these friendships.
Next, work on your marriage.
Possibly if you put the energy you expend on your friends into yourself and your marriage you might simply be happier,
Heather

Christina said...

Thanks all. Christine that quote is perfect b/c that as actually been a problem of mine forever and I have known that for a while. I just need to remember that I need to be happy with me.

As for hubby, we had a better talk yesterday (instead of at 2 am) and he really didn't mean to sound so harsh and that he understood and has lost friends and he knows how much my friend has been there for me lately. So he was much more understanding to what was going on.