Monday, January 11, 2010

bad day then a good day!

Yesterday was just a crappy day. It didn't help that we have new hours at work and I had to be in at 6 am. I am so not a morning person. Then my partner was just not very nice, kind of like a now it all and very judgemental. He made rude remarks and was just really putting himself to be a better person and a better tech then I am. That irritated me. Then I found out that shit is being said amongst some of my co-workers that I don't tech enough and all I do is drive. They don't know me or anything else. UNfortunately I am often working with a medic and I feel they should be the tech b/c they do have more training it is a respect thing. What made the whole situation even worse is my friend or my so called friend that I have mentioned in the past few days knew these comments were being made and neither defended me nor told me that things were being said. I feel like a true friend would have told me like hey people are saying this or whatever. And to be honest I feel like he is feeding it b/c he jokes to me about it all the time. You know what they I have been an EMT for 15 years and a CC for 10 years. He wasn't even in puberty when I started and how dare he accuse me of not teching enough calls. ARGH!

Then I went to leave... Got to my frist destination to realize I brought the pager home. I messaged my "friend" and well he ignored me as usual, i thought I could leave it with him since he works the next day. Geez I don't get him one week he is my "best bud" next day he is a totally d*ck! ARGH!

So then I go to meet up with Kev. He is at his parents house after a several hour meeting with the rest of the family to discuss some of the well being of his parents. They are getting older and although they are very independent they are starting to need help with stuff and the family is concenred with them going to Florida on their own and worried about my father in law driving. They discussed what the suggestions should be to their parents then went over there. Well when I got there it was ugly. I was quickly shushed into the other room where Andrew was very nicely playing with his toys. I heard alot of yelling and it had to be heartbreaking for them all. I tried to get Andrew to leave but he wanted to play so I kept talking to him so he wouldn't hear anything. They eventually kicked us out. I felt bad being there but I think it was good thing b/c I kept Andrew distracted. In the car though he said to me that Grandma was angry and talking with a funny voice. So he knew.

So thank god today is a bit better. Had a wonderful playdate with Andrew's friend Eddie and Laura over at Chuckie Cheese. It was alot of fun!

0 comments: