So first of all an update on the soccer situation. The coach finally called that night, she was just shocked. She has never seen anything like this happen she doesn't feel that Andrew is like this at all and was very surprised by what happened. I also spoke to her today, these ladies are not her friends, she does know them b/c their kids are all in the same grades but she isn't like go out and have coffee with them type of friends. She obviously doesn't want to choose sides b/c of course it is also a business, but you could tell she felt really bad. She said she loves Andrew and would hate to see us go but she was willing to give us a refund. We ultimately decided to pull him out of that class and put him in a new one. It sucks b/c it is on Mondays and I was looking forward to do some special things with Andrew on Mondays especially with the warmer days coming, go to the park, zoo, aquarium. But I will figure something else out.
Yesterday and Saturday was crazy. Had a really bad wind storm with hurricane quality winds. trees and wires down everywhere. I wanna say Baldwin had like 85-100 calls or something crazy like that!! And our dept dinner was Saturday night and had to be held by candle light. I chose not to go, had no desire to go. I had to work OFD yesterday and boy that town is a mess, we ran calls all day and we had a hard time getting anywhere with all the street closures, downed trees and downed wires.
So on a super exciting note. We took Andrew for his speech evaluation today. The teachers felt he was very garbled and drooled alot. So at this age they do a psych eval in addition to the speech. At the psych eval they did a child IQ test, tested his nonverbal and verbal skills and he then went over the results with me. So speech wise his vocabulary is in the 82nd percentile which is above average and his speech is at 53 percentil which is average. This is where hte problem is. With such a big discrepency that is why his words are mumbled, however the speech percentile is not low enough to qualify him for services. Now the results of the IQ test.... in non-verbal skills, we are talking thought process like doing puzzles, layout a pattern in cubes and copy it.... as the psychologist said he did "PHENOMENAL!!!" he said this several time. He scored in the 99th percentile!!! On his verbal skill she wa sin the 88th (I can't remember exactly right now). This combination put him in the 98th percentil for overall intelligance. Anything above 98 is considered gifted. My son is borderline gifted. I am so excited! THey were SUPER impressed with him, all smiles all excited. It really made me feel like a great mom and I am SOOOO Proud of my little man!!
9 Manfaat Terong Untuk Kesehatan Tubuh
9 years ago
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment