a friend of mine passed away last night. Truley sad! Mike was a wonderful guy. I mean I know people always say nice things about someone after they pass but he really was great. Ive known him for what feels like forver, almost 15 years. He taught me to bowl, he cared, we had good times together. I know I wasn't one of his closest friends but I know that if we ever needed he would be there as I would have been there for him. It was just so sudden.... we bowled Friday night, Saturday there are pics of him out with everyone with a mutual friends birthday, Sunday he was at the firehouse, Monday he was even on calls and then Monday night the call was him. He was 52, that scares me... Kevin is only a few months younger, really hit close to home.
Its been a while since I have lost someone this close. There have been several over the years especially with the fire department, friends of family etc, but been a while since it was someone this close and I am not sure I am dealing with it too well. At first I was numb, then I sat here and it hit last night. I was chatting with a few friends, I had to get out, a few of us got together had a few drinks, it was good tired me out so I could fall asleep. Now I am home alone, everything every thought makes me cry. Bowling will NEVER be the same, the kids he works with, his dog, the firehouse with never be the same. He was such a part of everything. So I find myself randomly crying, even Andrew couldn't get me to smile.
There are talks that services and stuff won't be until the weekend. They need to do an autopsy, his best friend is the caretaker of the funeral home and he can't do it, can't say I blame him, so they need to call in someone else to take care of things. So that will just drag this out.
Very sad....
Rest in Peace Mike.... everyone will miss you and you will never be forgotten!
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment